Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Journey to Islam; Islamic1 (Hassiem)

Islamic1 (Hassiem)

As Salaamu Alaikum

It was also a number of different events that lead me to Islam.growing up as a kid in Milwaukee my parents taught us to fear Muslims or Black Muslims as they were called.we attended church every Sunday until I was in high school and then I stopped going. there was a family in the neighborhood that when I look back was the nicest family in the neighborhood.I remember one of the sons name was Kawami.we were in the same grade.soon they moved away but there was another Muslim family that moved down the street.eventually after joing the US Navy I went to my 1st Jumah.I did not return because everything they talked about was against what I had been taught to believe.after visiting Egypt,Morocco,Turkey,Yemen,and Saudi Arabia I learned the true teachings of Islam.after leaving the Navy I was still searching for the right path and I turned on the tv and a show called Islam Live was on.the brothers on this show answered all my ? and invited me to the mosque.I took my Shahada about 3 years later Dec.12th 1987.that show Islam Live still airs today hosted by the same two brothers Mr Rashid Ahmad(88 years old) and Dr Muhammad Sabir.
Alhamdulillah(All Praise to Allah) for bringing me out of the darkness and into the light!!!!

Ma's Salama(With Peace) HASSIEM

No comments: